Applying to study at Talua
Entrance to Talua is open to pastoral candidates, mission students and private students from the Presbyterian Church of Vanuatu, Church of Melanesia or other Christian denominations. The following entrance procedure applies to all persons, (including international students), wanting to enroll at Talua.
For information about enroling in the BMin (degree) program contact Ps Andrew Williamson.
Phone: +678 37413 Email:
Entrance Procedure for the Diploma programs
- Application Forms will be available through Presbytery Clerks and Church of Melanesia Diocesan offices following the March meeting of the PCV Assembly Executive or they may be obtained directly from the Dean of Studies in March of each year. These must be filled out completely and signed by the appropriate authority. They must be returned to the Dean of Studies by May 31st.
- All applicants must sit an Entrance Exam on the first Monday in July. These will be available through Presbytery Clerks and Church of Melanesia Diocesan offices, or by special arrangement with the Dean of Studies. Exam answers may be written in either English or French. The exams must be returned to Talua within 2 weeks following the date of the exam.
- The Talua Staff Council will make a selection of students for the following year in early August of each year. The Staff Council will take into consideration the applicant's performance in the entrance exam, the availability of accommodation, the spread of students across Vanuatu, the experience of the applicant and any requests or recommendations for special consideration.
- Successful Applicants and their pastors or bishops will be notified in writing in late August. Successful Applicants must reply to Talua and indicate their acceptance by October 1st so that if there is extra space, Reserve Applicants might be notified of a place for them. Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified.
- Students must arrive at Talua with their school fees and other required items before the first Sunday in February.
The Diploma and Mission programs are open to both men and women.
The normal entrance requirements for the diploma course are as follows:
- Completion of Junior Secondary School or completion of the Talua Certificate Course;
- At least 21 years old when they begin their studies;
- A satisfactory results in the Talua entrance examination.
- A medical certificate stating that the person is fit to undertake study and a blood test.
Official Presbyterian students:
- Approval of the presbytery;
- A communicant member of the PCV for at least 2 years;
- A letter of recommendation from their pastor.
Candidates from other denominations
- A letter of recommendation from their sending church.
International students apply in the same way as students from Vanuatu.
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements may gain special admission by writing to the Talua Staff Council and giving reasons for their special consideration.
For more information or to make an application...
If you would like more information please contact Talua at:
Talua Ministry Training Centre
P.O. Box 242
Office Phone/Fax: (+678) 36761
Public Phone: (+678) 36898