Buying cheap books in Vanuatu
- Scripture Union Vanuatu
- There is a book shop at Talua Ministry Training Centre with a wide range. We send many of our popular books to the Scripture Union Office in Vila and you can purchase them there at cheap prices. You can also check the Bible Society office which has a book shop, but I don't know of a web page.
The Book Depository
- The cheapest for new books. Free postage to Vanuatu.
- The cheapest for second-hand books. Free postage to Vanuatu.
Christian Book Distributors (CBD)
- A larger range of Christian books than Book Depository but not quite as cheap. Postage is 35% of the book value with a minimum of $10.
- A collection of book sellers, including new and used. Normally not as cheap as the shops above. I have Australia as the default country and when I search for a book it lists all the copies beginning with the cheapest.
I find that most other shops are more expensive. (e.g. Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Koorong) and I don't use them much.
- An Australian book shop. They are often more expensive than the shops above, but their quality is much better. They only sell books that are theologically good so we should support them.
Christian Books Melanesia (PNG)
- The books are cheap and very good for the Melanesian context, but payment and postage is difficult.
Bridgeway Books (Don Fleming)
- Supplier of the popular Bridgeway Bible Dictionary and Bridgeway Bible Commentary. He will send them to Vanuatu at very reasonable prices and you can download the books for free from this site.